GNYHA recently reviewed and summarized the published evidence on the COVID-19 pandemic’s behavioral, emotional, and psychological impact on the health care workforce. The effort, which was conducted with GNYHA’s Clinician Wellbeing Advisory Group, is intended to help our members develop and implement evidence-based responses to the unprecedented psychological burden the pandemic has placed on health care providers. COVID-19 and the Health Care Workforce: Behavioral and Psychological Responses and Evidence-Based Interventions covers the following topics:
- Potential psychological and behavioral responses
- Risk factors associated with psychological and behavioral responses
- Factors associated with resilience to negative psychological and behavioral response
- Evidence-informed elements of interventions
- Evaluations of large-scale interventions in similar situations
The review is part of GNYHA’s larger effort to provide members with the resources necessary to maintain their workforce’s emotional health and wellbeing. GNYHA has also compiled a compendium of available resources, which can be found on the GNYHA website.