The US Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) has released updated Federal COVID-19 hospital data reporting guidance. HHS e-mailed a notification on the updated guidance to hospitals earlier today, January 6, which is summarized below. The updates include:
- A net reduction of approximately 30% in data elements, primarily regarding supply chain questions. While questions will be made inactive for Federal collection, hospitals will still be able to collect the information through the same channels if they choose, and all elements will remain in the reporting templates.
- Replies to new questions on sotrovimab (“therapeutic D” in the guidance) will be required beginning on January 19, 2022
- Replies to new pediatric questions will be required beginning on February 2, 2022
- Three existing questions on influenza that were previously optional will become required on February 2, 2022
Please see appendix A of the guidance for a full list of changes. Please note that these updates are only applicable to Federal COVID-19 data reporting and do not affect State reporting requirements.
If your hospital submits directly to TeleTracking, a new data upload template has been issued that aligns with the new reporting requirements.
- This new template may be used beginning on January 10
- To enable a smooth transition for partners and stakeholders, users may continue using the legacy template(s) for the foreseeable future