Beginning on March 31, 2020 New York City hospitals and nursing homes will begin receiving weekly scheduled deliveries of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). The New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene will be allocating PPE equipment based on the daily HERDS survey data. NYC hospitals will be receiving scheduled deliveries every Tuesday, and NYC nursing homes will be receiving deliveries every Friday going forward. Deliveries will be made between 7:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. on the designated days, so please be sure to have a representative available to take delivery.
The COVID-19 Supply Request Form can still be used to submit requests for Non-PPE materials, or to request PPE items that have run out before the next scheduled delivery.
Please follow the instructions noted below in order to submit a request to the NYC Office of Emergency Management for shortage supply needs:
- Please limit order size to ONE (1) WEEK of anticipated demand
- Be sure to note all medical supply information, including: Manufacturer Name, Manufacturer Item Number, Item Description, Total Units Requested and Associated Unit of Measure, Current Days on Hand, Current Burn Rate, Alternate Manufacturer/Numbers, If you would accept a functional equivalent
- If you are requesting any personal protective equipment (PPE), please be sure to fill out the PPE specific section. This is necessary for the City and/or State to process the request.
- Once the form is completed, email it to email@example.com
- You will receive a confirmation once the form is placed into the requisition system (the email will not be immediate)
Hospitals and health systems should implement supply conservation strategies to reduce their personal protective equipment (PPE) burn rate. Strategies could include using expired stock for training and fit testing, limiting visitors, securing PPE supplies, limiting the number of team members caring for infectious patients, and cohorting patients. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has issued guidance on the Healthcare Supply of PPE and Strategies for Optimizing the Supply of N95 Respirators. Members should review these recommendations.