GNYHA is closely monitoring the global COVID-19 outbreak, including the extremely fluid situation in the US and emergence of the Omicron variant, and is updating our member hospitals, health systems, and continuing care facilities accordingly. This page will be updated regularly with the most recent COVID-19 information.
- Fatality Management Document Portal & Resource Hub for NYC Hospitals (Jan. 14, 2022)
- Code Blue Sheltering/Warming Bus Resources (Jan. 14, 2022)
- Important Information About Patient Transfers (Jan. 13, 2022)
- DOH Releases Guidance on Booster Mandate for Health Care Personnel (Jan. 22, 2022)
- COVID-19 Updates and Resources (Jan. 20, 2022)
- Fatality Management Webinar on January 19, Reminders and Resources (Jan. 14, 2022)
- PRF Reporting Portal for Period 2 Open Through March 31, New Resources Available (Jan. 14, 2022)
- COVID-19 Updates and Resources (Jan. 13, 2022)
- COVID-19 Vaccine, Antibody Therapy, and Other Treatment Information (Jan. 13, 2022)
- DOH Releases Guidance on Testing Requirements for Nursing Facility Visitors (Jan. 12, 2022)
- Governor Hochul Announces Nursing Facility Visitor Testing Requirements; Other COVID-19 Updates on Staffing Resources and Preauthorization Flexibilities (Jan. 11, 2022)
- DOT Parking Permits Extended to April 30, 2022 (Jan. 11, 2022)
- Cost-Sharing Waivers Extended for COVID-19 Diagnosis and Testing (Jan. 10, 2022)
Online Patient Transfer Portal for Downstate Hospitals
GNYHA recently launched a new online Patient Transfer Portal, which allows downstate hospitals experiencing capacity issues to quickly input or upload basic patient demographic and clinical information that can be accessed by all downstate health system transfer centers. The transfer centers can then review the patient information and determine if a transfer can be completed. The portal supports the efficient matching and transfer of patients in the downstate region. For questions on the Patient Transfer Portal, please contact Jared Bosk.
COVID-19 Testing Locator in HITE
GNYHA’s HITE website offers a COVID-19 testing locator at the following link: https://hitesite.org/covid/testinglocator. The testing locator is updated by Castlight Health, which uses a combination of publicly available information, web research, and third-party verification to keep the information as accurate as possible. Given the rapid changes to testing sites primarily due to staffing challenges, individuals should call the testing site to confirm it is open before seeking an in-person test.
NYC Testing Resources
GNYHA is working with Test & Trace Corps to locate mobile COVID-19 testing units, resources permitting, near New York City hospital emergency departments that are experiencing capacity challenges due to COVID-19 testing requests. If this would benefit your facility, please reach out to Carla Nelson. To view a list of current Test & Trace sites, please visit https://www.nychealthandhospitals.org/test-and-trace/.
NYC Isolation Hotel Program
The New York City Department of Homeless Services (DHS) and NYC Health + Hospitals Test & Trace (H+H Test & Trace) hotel programs for homeless individuals and others requiring ongoing isolation who do not have a home to isolate in, respectively, continue to expand capacity to accept hospital discharges. DHS and H+H Test & Trace review referrals daily, and individuals accepted for hotel isolation placement can be discharged seven days a week. Hospitals experiencing delays can contact Alison Burke for assistance.
Visit GNYHA’s COVID-19 section for all other updates, guidance, and materials.