The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) met today and voted to reaffirm that “Janssen [Johnson & Johnson] vaccine is recommended for persons 18 years of age and older in the U.S. population under the Food and Drug Administration’s Emergency Use Authorization.” Federal health officials will likely quickly take this recommendation and formally lift the pause on the use of single-dose Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine. GNYHA will provide updates from Federal and State agencies as we receive them.
Factsheets for Johnson & Johnson vaccine will be updated accordingly to reflect the risk of thrombosis with thrombocytopenia syndrome (TTS), which has been seen in several rare cases. The slides that facilitated the ACIP discussion are available here.
CDC COCA Call on Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 Vaccine
This CDC Clinician Outreach and Communication Activity (COCA) call will present the latest evidence on TTS after administration of the Johnson & Johnson/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine. Speakers will discuss TTS and updated vaccine recommendations.
|Date:||Tuesday, April 27, 2021|
|Time:||2:00 p.m.–3:00 p.m.|
No registration required.Passcode: 358595Dial-in:
US:+1 669 254 5252
or +1 646 828 7666
or +1 551 285 1373
or +1 669 216 1590One-tap mobile:
US: +16692545252,1601111927#,*358595# or
Webinar ID: 160 111 1927
New York State HERDS Questions
Beginning April 27, the New York State Department of Health will reduce the number of vaccine-related questions in the HERDS daily hospital survey and will decrease the frequency that hospitals need to report this information from daily to once a week each Tuesday. To help hospitals prepare for this change, the new questions are listed below.
- Approximately, how many people work at or for your hospital?
- Of those, how many are currently recorded as declining a first dose of the vaccine?
- How many employees who work at or for your hospital are fully vaccinated (two doses of a two dose or one of a single dose)?
- Of those fully vaccinated employees who work at or for your hospital how many have, after full vaccination, tested positive for COVID-19?
- How many eligible people have you identified that can be vaccinated at your facility in the 7-day time frame starting next Thursday through the following Wednesday (assuming you had vaccine supply)?
GNYHA has provided feedback on these questions and made a general recommendation for their removal. We will continue to advocate for streamlining the HERDS survey and reducing hospital burden. If you have any questions about the HERDS survey, please contact Scott Gaffney.
For a compilation of recent COVID-19 guidance, including on vaccine distribution, please visit GNYHA’s COVID-19 webpage.